Genderqueer is a term used to refer to people who typically don’t identify as either male or female, but feel that they fit somewhere outside this perceived gender binary. Genderqueer may be used to describe:
- People who feel they are both a man and a woman
- People who feel they are neither a man nor a woman
- People who move between the two genders
- People who are third-gendered or “other” gender
- People who feel their gender and sexual orientation overlap or blur
While the term genderqueer is typically used as an umbrella term, it may also be used as an adjective for people who transgress gender norms or express their gender in a non-normative way.